Big News // Venti’s Cafe + Taphouse —> summer 2011

Second Venti’s location will feature same menu and a lot more beer

Venti's Cafe & Taphouse coming summer 2011

Venti's Cafe & Taphouse coming summer 2011

Thanks to the demand of our loyal customers, Venti’s Cafe continues to grow. We have served downtown Salem since 1996 and are proud to announce the coming of our 2nd Salem location, opening summer 2011, at 2840 Commercial St. S. Formerly the location of Buster’s BBQ, the new Venti’s will be an additional location, complimenting our flagship downtown Salem location.

The new 4,340 SF location will include a full bar with up to 24 rotating beers on tap, 100 rotating bottled beers, our fabulous Venti’s multi-culti menu, a kid’s space, outdoor seating, convenient bicycle parking and a large parking lot, accessible from Commercial Street and Fairview Avenue.

Construction is expected to take 12-16 weeks and we are hoping for a mid-summer’s opening.

More news coming soon. Visit our Employment page for job opptys.

Email ventiscafe@gmail.com with questions.

37 Responses to Big News // Venti’s Cafe + Taphouse —> summer 2011
  1. Jared
    April 5, 2011 | 12:50 am

Good luck. That location tends to be a death trap.

• Robyn
      April 5, 2011 | 6:13 pm

Ok, I can’t help but say something. I cannot believe you took the time to leave such a rude and negative comment. The Venti’s are absolutely wonderful people with not only a fantastic product, but also very involved in making our community a better place. So that is just hurtful to go out of your way to stomp on their dream and you should be ashamed of yourself.

2. Kelli
    April 5, 2011 | 1:52 am

Excited for your expansion! Great food and great beer always equals success!

3. AliK
    April 5, 2011 | 5:23 am

GET OUT! You are SO welcome in this neighborhood! Can’t believe our good luck! We will be regular customers…..

4. Carol
    April 5, 2011 | 2:48 pm

Great news! South Salem needs some fresh alternatives to its restaurant choices. I think Venti’s will be an excellent complement to both the established and new businesses in that little area.

5. Conrad
    April 5, 2011 | 4:27 pm

Thanks guys, we are very excited for the additional location.

Jared, we like to think of it as yet another challenge. Our current space on Court St seemed to be the same case, but at nearly 3 years strong we’ve put an end to that omen. We plan to do the same here, my friend.

6. Leslie
    April 5, 2011 | 5:41 pm

We appreciate the support, and, yes, there are concerns. I might sound like a broken record but I believe Venti’s is contributing what we can to make Salem a livable place, just like so many others who strive to enhance our city. There is much potential here. I am optimistic b/c there is hard work behind our efforts and we have already seen so much positive change … think of fStop or Clockworks, or La Cap, Amadeus Cafe, Cherry City Cafe, or the work that the eatsalem.com folks do — people are taking risks to make Salem greater in terms of the food culture. It’s all good. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

7. VinoMash - The Social Vine
    April 5, 2011 | 10:16 pm

[...] 2nd Venti's for Salem?! Awesome! Congrats! RT @ventiscafe We have big news http://ventiscafe.com/2011/04/big-news/ #SalemOR2011-04-05T05:51:16Z—————————- ARSEThanks, we agree! RT @britwineguy [...]

8. Jeff
    April 6, 2011 | 1:23 am

‎24 beers on tap along with a Kids Space??? Honey, grab the kids, we’re going to Venti’s!

9. CT
    April 6, 2011 | 2:45 pm

This is just a few blocks away from us! We’ll be there every day – so excited!

10. Kyle Sexton
    April 6, 2011 | 5:13 pm

WOW! Awesome guys… seriously, I’m excited for you. Please let me know what we (the Chamber) can do for you to help. You’ve just increased my Venti’s purchases by a factor of about 8. Can’t wait!

11. Breakfast on Bikes
    April 6, 2011 | 6:17 pm

What are your plans for the bike parking!? That’s so exciting to hear!

• Leslie
      April 7, 2011 | 9:47 pm

We have some ideas, perhaps we can chat!

12. Alison Archambault
    April 6, 2011 | 7:10 pm

Congratulations on expanding to your new location in South Salem. I think it is an excellent location, high visability, good parking. After living in Salem for many years, I have always been surprised at the lack of good, enjoyable restaurants. In the last couple years, I see that is changing and folks are seeing the potential that Salem has. Venti’s has been a part of that slow change for many years downtown, providing excellent food with a smile. Way to go, Venti’s!! My family will certainly
    be at your new location when you open.

• Leslie
      April 8, 2011 | 6:05 pm

Thank you, thank you. We believe in Salem and are proud to be a part of the slow change :)

13. julie
    April 7, 2011 | 4:58 am

Great! More good grub in walking distance!

14. Clint Dethrow
    April 8, 2011 | 5:56 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming opening! Knowing how good the food is at your current location, I have no doubts that the new space will keep you even busier than ever. Will Tyler be staying downtown or moving to the new facility? Can we presume all of the menu choices will be availabel at both locations? By the way the Tibetan Beef & Pork dishes are simply stellar!

• Leslie
      April 8, 2011 | 6:04 pm

Thank you! Tyler is our Kitchen Manager and will likely bounce back and forth for a while. It is likely you will see existing staff at the new location to help in the excitement of this transition but we aren’t sure if staff will be exclusive to either… time will tell.

Re: the menu, in theory menu options will be identical. We are adding a Kid’s Menu downtown in about a week and also looking at some breakfast ideas. Both will be reflected at the 2840 Commercial spot. More to come!

15. Clint Dethrow
    April 20, 2011 | 10:34 pm

Leslie…last time Jesse & I came in for lunch we brought the camera. Jesse ordered the Tibetan Beef dish and I went with the Pork. When Tyler himself brought the plates out we took photos of them both on the table. Both photos turned out great, not only is the food scrumptious, the pictures themselves could almost make you salivate. They might be great visual advertisement if you’d like them.

16. Jeffrey
    June 30, 2011 | 6:21 pm

I second all the positive feedback! It will be such a welcome addition within walking distance from my pad (Life Source, Roth’s, at one time French Press).
    I was hoping to see if you’ve made a soft opening date plan yet?

17. js
    August 1, 2011 | 3:04 am

Excellent choice in location. It’s been a long time coming. Looking forward to the variety of brews. We’d always stock up on brews when out of town because of the lack of choices here in Salem. I’m so excited and can’t wait. Thank you VENTi’s!

-js

18. Rossella
    August 3, 2011 | 12:45 am

I’m excited to read about the kid’s space, until what time will kids be allowed to stay?

• Conrad
      August 4, 2011 | 7:34 pm

The kid’s space is awesome. We’ll get some pics up tonight. Kids are welcome until 9pm.

19. Mike
    August 3, 2011 | 10:35 pm

I went running last night and ventured by the new location to peek in the windows…to my surprise people were eating! Soft opening maybe?

Is the Commercial location going to be open for the Venti’s to Venti’s running event starting this Friday 08/05/11?

• Conrad
      August 4, 2011 | 7:33 pm

Thanks, Mike. It was a soft opening. Hoping for tomorrow, yes.

20. js
    August 4, 2011 | 2:34 am

21. Jill
    August 5, 2011 | 10:22 pm

Yum! I have a food hangover today.

22. Rossella
    August 7, 2011 | 6:42 am

We made a phone reservation tonight for 12 people (including 5 kids) and when we got there they told us they can only stay until 9, se we ended up having to go across the street :( I guess most kids are in bed by 9 o’clock on a Saturday night in Salem…. in any case the children area is definitely a plus, and it was nice to see all those people eating and having a good time from the big windows and more flowing in, great job you guys!

23. Renee'
    August 11, 2011 | 3:13 am

We arrived at the Taphouse at 5:50 PM tonight (8-10) and were seated within a few minutes. Our waitress arrived soon after and took our drink order – a beer and glass of water. After 15 minutes, my husband went in search of our waitress to see if we could get our drinks; the beer arrived soon after, but no water. We pointed this out and were told she would get that, could she take our order? My husband ordered the Boulders and requested NO Peppers (which our waitress wrote on her order pad). I ordered the Green Salad with the ginger-sesame dressing (some confusion here due to the noise level – she initially thought I ordered the Greek Salad, so I pointed to the Green salad on the menu and repeated Green Salad. Our waitress did return after that with the requested water.
    After another 40 minutes, our waitress re-appeared with a water pitcher to refill our glass, and asked how we were. I indicated not so great, as we had now been waiting for 40+ minutes for our meal and this was the second time we had seen her… to which she replied that they were really busy and she had 6 or 7 other tables to wait on. Would I like to talk to the owner? Not really – it was just very frustrating that this was taking so long.
    Apparently our waitress passed this comment onto a manager (did not introduce herself) to follow up. When we pointed out the waiting time, that I knew that they were busy but that this was a management issue and they should have been prepared for this, she indicated that they had 2 staff people go to the hospital today and they were short staffed, she would see what she could do to get our meal to us – which was then delivered promptly… However – I was served a Side Salad (error) and my husband’s meal arrived populated with peppers. The manager(?) offered to exchange my salad for the one I ordered, but I declined this (twice) to which she responded by bringing the Green Salad and when I again declined, noted that they would then just have to throw it away, but she would box it up for me to take home – which she did.
    Honestly – where is your back-up plan for staffing emergencies? Having worked in this industry, I know that these things occur, and there is usually a call list for additional staff.
    Why force a salad on us, when an alternative such as comping my husband’s beer or a coupon for the salad at our next visit would have been much more professional – and guaranteed a return visit?
    Not a pleasant dining experience and it appears that there are some issues that still need to be worked out in your new location.

• Leslie
      August 23, 2011 | 12:00 am

Renee,
      Thanks for the email. It is much appreciated. Being open just a week at the time of your visit, I hope you can understand that we did and still do have a lot to work out.

We are working diligently to create a great dining experience for our fellow Salemites. The service you experienced is frustrating and we have had numerous systems implemented since our opening. We will always be listening for our customer’s feedback.

We want to extend an invitation to you to visit us as a Secret Shopper. We have a packet and a gift certificate we would like to send to you should you choose to accept. We truly appreciate your business and want to hear your feedback on a visit back to the Taphouse on our dime.

Please let me know if you are interested.

• Ellen
        September 17, 2011 | 2:22 am

Just wanted to say whom ever is doing your soup menu the broccoli and the tomato basil r amazign keep it up ventis

24. Jim Rodda
    August 23, 2011 | 11:18 pm

My wife and I went in for lunch on July 11. We were promptly seated at 11:45 AM. Before being seated we admired the new surroundings and commented on what a nice place it was. Our hostess gave us menus and took our drink order. Very quickly she returned with our drinks and took our lunch order. My wife ordered Teriyaki beef and rice and I oredered fish tacos. We finally got our lunches served at 12:50. We were getting pretty antsy because of a Dr. app. at 1:30. The meal was great and the help very nice. Three different customers who came in an ordered after us got thier food served befor ours. We will be back and give it another try and hope for better luck on getting our food served in more reasonably manner. Very Nice Place and hope we have no further problems. Thand You JIM

• Leslie
      August 24, 2011 | 3:58 pm

Thanks, Jim. Please check your email. We’d like to invite you back as Secret Shopper.

25. Aly
    August 29, 2011 | 7:21 am

We thought we had better get in and try the new hot place to go. My brother has been 9 times since you have opened this location. We figured we would give it a try. Loved our meals tonight as husband and I got seated within 10 minutes. We were able to look at the menus while waiting. Staff was each very courteous. It was a fun atmosphere. As with any place starting up it takes time to work out the kinks. And every customer has to be patient. Venti’s has been raved about by a lot of people I know so it will be busy. The busier it is, the longer the wait. That is just how it goes. I am here to defend everything about your place. Food is incredible. Our waitress Andrea, was fabulous and helped us with what to try. We were so NOT disappointed. We will be back as often as we can. And the sweet potato fries were incredible. Sheesh, now my stomach is growling and craving some Venti’s.
    Thanks for a great dinner.

26. Ellen
    September 17, 2011 | 2:19 am

I have just fallen in love I took my mother to Ventis Taphouse this evening a Friday evening. The food was FABULOUS, and the drinks r to die for. The atmosphere is hip and very eye catching. The staff were amazing and I cant tell you how amazing the soup was broccoli cream cheese I believe ne way it was great. Good food great service and I will recommend and be a regular lol, good job Ventis:) cusoon

27. Kevin & Michelle Ekerson
    November 25, 2011 | 6:37 pm

Had a great time Wednesday nite! Beer selection was fantastic, food good too. Cajun fish tacos were great! Tortillas not so much. Any way to find some fresh home made local? That would make a big difference!
    Thank you & keep up the good work.

• Conrad
      November 30, 2011 | 9:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys! We’ll pass the tortilla comment to our chef. Often times it can be the way they were prepared :). Glad you tried those fish tacos, though, they are amazing!